Sunday, July 24, 2011

Today's Focus - so far sooo good.

It's been close to two months now that I've been taking my vitamins and watching what and how I eat so I'm supposed to asses what I feel like. Well as you would expect I am feeling much better. I've gone from my top weight of 245 lbs to 227 ( 1 week consistently below 230 ) lbs. so that in itself is a bonus.

I have now spent over a week without large areas of hives itching so I am impressed about that. Something is working. I still haven't pinned down the actual cause or had any AHA moments yet. I still have a few  bouts of hives so I know they haven't gone away but they have been greatly reduced. So much so I've made an appointment to see my doctor and maybe reduce or get off some of this medication that they are concerned about. Anything I don't have to take by the way of prescription medication is the way to go I think.

Today's focus is on this weeks snack food for lunches. I am tweaking a oatmeal cookie recipe that uses applesauce instead of tons of sugar and butter. My first batch  seemed way too sweet so I am hopeful that I can reduce the sugar content even further. They were sooo gooood! We'll see how it goes. If I can put a healthy snack in  my lunchbox instead of potato chips then I am that much further ahead.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment